Mission: Install an Android emulator on Windows XP
– Download the Android SDK available at this address: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
and execute the program in order to install it.
– Once installed, open the SDK Manager. Install the SDK Platform and the ARM EABI v7a System Image.
The following packages need to appear as Installed (the other ones are not necessary):
- Andoid SDK Tools
- Android SDK Platform-tools
- SDK Platform
- ARM EABI v7a System Image
– Open the AVD Manager in order to create an AVD configuration (it’s the configuration of your virtual device).
Click on “New…” and fill the fields.
If you get this error: There is no AVD target check that you installed SDK Platform as mentioned previously.
If you get this error: Unable to find a ‘userdata.img’ file for ABI armeabi to copy into the AVD folder check that you installed ARM EABI v7a System Image as mentioned previously.
– Once the AVD configuration created, you can launch the emulator. To do so, open a command line and go to the Android tools directory. In my case:
cd C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools
and run this command:
emulator -avd <avd_name>
In my case:
emulator -avd phone2